Binding Tutorial Posts
Single Fold Binding (for mini quilts & small projects)
I used this technique with my Science Fair quilts.
...and with my recent Junior Ballerina quilt that I made for Jonah.
2. Fold binding over so that it points away from the next section of the quilt top. (Red Line)
3. Fold binding back over and align with the edge of the quilt top. Pin in place.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for all convex angles.
5. Cut into quilt top 1/8” at each concave angle.
6. Stitch binding in place until you get to the center of the angle.
7. Leave your needle down and pivot the quilt top 30° until the next section is straight in front of you. Ease the binding around and continue sewing the binding in place.
8. The binding at the Concave angles will stick up until it is hand stitched in place on the back.
9. Use Clover Wonder clips or other binding clips to wrap the binding around to the back. Miter the convex angles.
10. Ease the bias binding around at the concave angles and clip in place.
Here is a button you can use.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Additional binding tutorials and other free tutorials can be found here.
No part of this tutorial may be reproduced without written consent of Jaybird Quilts.