I have a sweet tooth. Specifically a chocolate sweet tooth.
So a few weeks ago I had a giveaway and asked you a question.
"What is your favorite holiday candy??"
You gave me a lot of answers.
...and then I asked what you thought my favorite holiday candy was.
A lot of people said chocolate, but nobody said my favorite by name.
So what is my favorite holiday candy?
I guess I can't be surprised that nobody guessed it when nobody in my own family got it right either. According to them most people don't consider "Nonpareils" a holiday candy. I consider them a holiday candy since I only seem to have them on holiday candy trays unless I search them out.
In other candy news I got a care package from a really good friend. Most of it is photographed below. Rachael has been in my life through ups & downs and always knows what to say (or not say) as well as how to cheer me up a bit with chocolate. She even wrote some posts for me a while back. Post #1 & Post #2.
Here is a list of what she sent me and why I think she sent it. I don't usually analyze gifts but this was pretty easy for me to do and it shows that each item was carefully thought about.
1. Blank note cards because nothing replaces a hand written note. Perfect Thank You Notes: Heartfelt And Handwritten
2. A notebook because even with a computer around me what feels like 24/7, Rachael knows I always have a notebook on me to jot down ideas or sketch out new designs.
3. Nina Garcia's Look Book: What to Wear for Every Occasion because little by little I'm taking an active role in what I wear as opposed to a passive one. Maybe I'll even start joining in on What I wore Wednesday.
4. M&M's because Rachael knows very well about my sweet tooth. She also knows that my favorite year round candy is M&M's.
5. Lip Gloss because along with #3 I need to stop wearing chapstick 24/7 and start looking in the mirror in the morning. Baby steps.
The gift was wrapped in fabric and tied with selvages for a bow. It was perfect.
Do you have a sweet tooth?
Do you have a friend that knows you as well as Rachael knows me?
© Blog post written by Julie Herman
For more information visit http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/