Welcome to Block 3 of the Nebula Block of the Month sew along. In the Block 3 video Julie reviews the fabric to use to make the blocks, where to find the guidance for cutting the block pieces, & where to find her tips for sewing the blocks together.
- Cutting video: Cutting for Block 3 is done with the Hex N More Ruler
- Cutting tip: Trimming the points off the triangles will help with alignment
- Piecing video: Piecing for Block 3 is similar to piecing for Gazebo
- Piecing alignment tip: This alignment tip will be helpful for sewing the rows together -
- Piecing tip: The hang pin technique will come in handy for sewing the rows together to create the blocks
After you finish sewing, share a photo on Instagram and use the hashtag #NebulaQuilt to show us your blocks. We would also love to see your progress posted and shared in our community Facebook Group.
Sign up here to receive an email on the first Tuesday of each month of 2021, with guidance, tips, & tricks for sewing your Nebula blocks, quilt top, & the Super Star bonus pillow.
The Journey2Nebula sew along is now available as a self paced skill builder series. Find ease with cutting & sewing shapes cut on the bias, tips & tricks for matching points, and greater accuracy cutting & sewing 60-degree shapes. Complete 7 Jaybird Quilts patterns, all with video tutorial instructions, at your own pace. The tutorials are free to access, all you'll need to complete the skill builder are the patterns & the materials to make them.
Sign up here to receive the skill builder tutorials in a weekly email series or view all of the tutorials on YouTube anytime.
© Blog post written by Julie Herman
For more information visit http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/